Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 12

Day 12: Cultural Heritage.

Today I am grateful for the cultural heritage of lots of people. My family however, was like many others and escaped to America to leave a nasty past behind. With that beginning there was very little cultural heritage saved on that side of the family and the children were all raised to be American. Thinking very little about their Spanish and Indian roots. The other side of my family has a very long history and can be traced back to the 1400s in America. But this family history I knew nothing of until I was an adult and had already started developing my own traditions.

However, there is one cultural heritage I am grateful for and it was given to me by my Grandmother, my hero! She gave me Jesus. She gave many people Jesus and I see all those around her that she offered this cultural gift to and very few accepted it. They believed themselves unworthy of such a gift, even still today. I am thankful beyond belief I was capable of accepting such an amazingly rich and deep cultural heritage.

As I have grown in Christ over the years I recognize that I too am unworthy of this amazing gift and am hopeful as I have embarked on the adventure of offering others this cultural heritage for themselves and their families. Americans are desperate today and those of us who love the Lord have hope to offer them. What an amazing heritage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors