Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 22

Day 22: Life's Challenges

Today I am called to be thankful for life's challenges. I am reminded of a specific time I was challenged a few years back. Without going into details I encountered yet another reason to practice forgiveness and it was the first time I was really confronted with the opportunity to experience grace. I learned to give it and recieve it, not just in the (for lack of a better description) theoretical terms we recieve grace from God, but in real every day terms. I had to ask God to show me grace, how to give grace and then how to receive it. And in the process He did some amazing things for me.

First, I had a change of heart! I no longer was filled with anger or hatred or disgust of the one I was called to love, but geniune love and friendship. Amazing! Second, I gained a wonderful friend and was able to create relationships with several other individuals that were walking through this with me. Overcoming life's challenges with Christ and others helps create an intense spiritual connection with those people, which works even better than exchanging BFF necklaces! Third, I have a fantastic namesake for my only daughter.

Yes life's challenges are difficult but as one who relies on Christ I know all things are used for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors