Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 15

Day 15: Local Treasures (as in shops or groups, not pirates!)


So I'm just going to say it and then explain it and then hope it doesn't sound conceited at the end of it. Today, the local treasure I'm thankful for is my church. Known by a few different names, I lovingly refer to it as Region Seven. The idea behind the term 'region seven' is that the U.S. is now a mission field and is referred to worldwide as the seventh region. We moved to Richardson a little over a year ago with this idea as our new life mission and we've grown leaps and bounds learning to live like missionaries in America. I've met people and become friends with people that are super wonderful and allowed me the opportunity to love them in Christ's name, changing both their lives and mine. Without Region Seven I would NEVER have done that. So today I am thankful for the organic church movement happening here in America, the seventh region of the mission fields in the world, right here in Richardson, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors