Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 19

Day 19: Wonderful Water

Today I am grateful for water. Rain, rivers, lakes, oceans, from the tap, bottled, salty or fresh, water is remarkable. Useful for all sorts of things. It is pure and without water, life, all life, cannot exist.

Today I'm not just grateful for clean drinking water and the unbelievable beauty water presents us with, but also for the blessing that water offers. Baptism, an induction to Christ's kingdom is a ceremony of water. The symoblism of water washing us clean, presenting us as new beings, offering us a fresh start is precious.

Last week I had the privelage of being thankful for water as I witnessed 6 baptisms and tomorrow I have the privelage of witnessing my husband baptize my mother and it offers me a whole new level of thankfulness for water, remarkable, wonderful, life giving water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors