Wednesday, November 23, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 23

Day 23: A Special Memory

Well, we've just completed our most impressive accomplishment as a family of five. We drove to North Carolina to visit my mom for a few days. Whew what a world wind it was and we all had a fantastically relaxing time (even the children on our long days of driving)! I hope we just got done creating some great memories for them, I know I'll remember our first road trip for years to come.

One of my favorite childhood memories is the first memory I have with my Grandma. I was about two and a half when I went to live with her and I remember sitting on the couch watching TV with her and she tooted and I just stared at her. I don't really remember what words were exchanged but I remember getting bonked on the head with a pillow and then laughing hysterically. That was the moment I bonded with my Grandma. A very special, albeit super silly, memory.

P.S. My Grandma told me years later that she said, "Excuse you Leesa Mae," and I said, "I didn't do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors